2006 s60 - Click sound at around 19kph

Hello,

I have an S60, 2006. During the initial acceleration through about 19kph after engine start I can hear a click sound, and feel a vibration through the acceleration peddle. Only the first acceleration however, for the rest of the trip on accelerating, there is no sound. If I turn the car off at a stop light, restart it and drive away, I hear the click again @ 19kph. I am stumped. It sounds like the sound an auto door lock would make, but I don't have that option, or it is not turned on.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Pete

Reply to
Peter

Probably the ABS unit doing a self test. I have an '01 S60 and as you say, every time you start up and set off, (just after getting into second gear) there's a funny noise, though on mine it sounds more like clunk than a click (every trip [1]). Next time you drive it, see if the vibration you feel is actually coming from the brake pedal rather than the accelerator.

[1]
Reply to
bweebar

The manual actually states that the ABS unit performs a self-test on the first acceleration depending on model and engine (somewhere between 0 and 25 mph, not sure about kph but 19 sounds in that range). In agreement with bweebar, this is probably the cause of your concern

-- alas, it is a perfectly normal test and noth> Probably the ABS unit doing a self test. I have an '01 S60 and as you

Reply to
Robert

Thanks guys, that sounds like what this is. Yes, the sound could be described as a 'clunk'.

Regards,

Peter

Reply to
Peter