240 bearing Clutch problem?

Hi! A month ago I heard a metallic noise from the down side of the car like a "tin tin"

Yesterday the noise grow up and when I push the clutch pedal I hear a continous noise. (like a old bearing noise)

The gear is manual and the sometimes It's difficult insert the the first . I think that's a clutch bearing problem.

I would ask to you if is a classical problems of volvo 240 with manual gear and, if so, if I have only to change the clutch and related items (bearing etc.)

Thanks, Andrea

Reply to
andrea1717

It's not particularly common, but it can happen. You will probably have to change the release bearing and likely the pressure plate as well. Once you're in there, it makes sense to just replace the whole clutch and the rear main seal on the engine too. Check the condition of the release lever, pivot, and other hardware too.

Reply to
James Sweet

James Sweet ha scritto:

Well...I hope that it will be only a clutch problem and that the gear it's ok! Now when I insert the first and the car begin to move I listen a metallic sound.

Thanks, Andrea.

Reply to
andrea1717

If the car is coasting, you put in the clutch, put the transmission in neutral and the noise continues then it's possibly the center bearing. This is the bearing in the "middle" of the driveshaft.

Reply to
Tim McNamara