240 dash crack repairs

_____ Hello Volvo Owners,

The work on my 1981 240DL wagon is coming along. The entire dash is on the shop floor because i had to remove the heating unit to replace motor, core and valve. The dash is a light gray, and the vinyl has several cracks in the usual places (varying from 0.2mm to 1.3mm in width). It looks rather ugly. I can get a skin for this dash (black only i believe). Instead, are there any of you who have successfully restored a cracked dash and wound up with something acceptable? If yes, what was the material used, and any special procedures employed?

Regards / John

PS: to email me off line, use c o n t r e x..a t..s h a w..c a

Reply to
jch

I've never found any worthwhile way to repair them, I just find good used dashboards in junkyards and replace the whole thing, uncracked ones are getting harder to find but they do turn up. The black ones tend to hold up the best, but can be repainted to other colors if desired.

Reply to
James Sweet