240 DL Seats

Can anybody help me? My drivers seat on a 1991 DL (great shape-reliable) is uncomfortable. It slants toward the right and no adjustments help. The passenger seat is great. Can I switch them and what will this involve besides a wrench? Thanx for any help.

Coby Herd in Brooklyn, NY

Reply to
Coby Herd

If you switch them the knob to adjust it will be difficult to reach and on the wrong side. I suggest you remove the driver's seat and have a look at it, is the frame bent/broken or is it just the foam, or springs/basket under it? If the frame is tweaked see if you can find another '86-'93 driver's seat at a salvage yard, doesn't even have to be the right color because it's really easy to swap the upholstery. Between two seats you should be able to get a good one put together. If the foam is deteriorated badly you could get some out of a passenger seat, it usually is in better shape, but so far I haven't ever had to replace a foam.

Reply to
James Sweet

Try this URL:

And click on Seat Rebuilding.