240 - Flickering Dash Warning Lights.

This started last night. I think it may be the alternator but thought I'd ask for some feedback. As I was driving, all of the dash warning lights started to pulsate (flicker dimly). The headlights seem to funtion normally and it starts OK. Runs and drives fine. So I drove home (about 20 miles) just waiting for my luck to run out and to be stranded, but I made it home. As I got almost home it seemed like the Charge/Battery light was a bit brighter and steady and the other lights seemed to be dimmer but still flickering. Any thoughts? TIA, Michael

nobodys

Michael,

That is the *exact* presentation when my 240's alternator brushes were worn.... also happens when the serpentine belt is loose/worn, resulting in less than 12.6V going to the battery....

Kevin

Reply to
K Bourke