240 Heater blower replacement question

I'm about 75% through the replacement of the blower motor (and etc) and I noticed when I put the blower motor back in, the shaft doesn't stick out far enough for the fan, as it rubs on one side (the passenger side) and I actually can't even hook the fan thing TO the shaft.

So I re-check the instructions, and it implies the "plastic spacers" don't need to be in there for the year of my car. They are about the right thickness for the spacing issue, but I'm not sure if they come out easy (or how the heck they will).

So I ask, are those the "spacers" I need to remove? And do they come out easy? Or should I grind them down?

I would provide a picture, but for the life of me I can't find the cable to connect my camera to the computer. Sorry if this is a repeated question.

Reply to
Blazer Fan Dan

What year is the car? I haven't run into that problem yet, but things may have changed at some point. Are you sure you have the motor flipped around the right direction and put it in on the correct side?

Reply to
James Sweet

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

sorry about not saying the year, I had originally posted this somewhere else and the year was in the subject (but it wouldn't let me post it).

It's an 85, and the instructions say the plastic things aren't needed. If you flipped it, it shouldn't make a difference as both shafts are the same length.

Reply to
Blazer Fan Dan

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

Service Bulletin sent to your gmail account let me know if any problems

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Thanks, I'll check it.

I got the fan motor in, but have to remove more stuff to get the covers back on.

Reply to
Blazer Fan Dan