240 oil leak followup

I tried to go back to the original thread, but my news reader only goes back one week.

Car '89 240 wagon. Problem: severe oil leak, completely soaking engine compartment.

Several people advised me to replace my flame trap. I located a flame trap kit from the local Import car parts shop and scheduled a service appointment with my wrench. When they went in to do the repair they discovered it was actually what they called the "intermediate housing seal". Parts were ordered, and I got my 240 back today with a new "intermediate" seal, along with new crank seal, another unnamed seal, new timing belt, new plug wires, and alternator belts.

Old faithful now runs great, and leaks no more oil.

Next on the horizon: after a three day stretch of sub zero (F) weather, the auto trans will only do the 2-3 shift when I goose the gas pedal.

It's not just transportation, it's a hobby too.

Thanxs to all who offered advice.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Townsend