240 power brakes - no power (sometimes)

Hello, My 1989 240 has been starting to lose power to the brakes, during idle (sitting in traffic). Pedal is still good, just no power-assist. Could it be a vacuum problem? (I haven't had time to check the hoses) If it is the power booster, how hard is it to replace? Any chance you can re-build it yourself?

Thanks, Brett

Reply to
B A R

A good place to start is the plastic check valve where the vacuum connects to the booster. They are common failures, and the failure is often apparent with just a close look.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee