240 Question

I haven't had a 240 yet that hasn't passed our state's emission tests without trouble.

Reply to
PButler111

If you're craving asparagus, why not just get some broccoli? Broccoli's also a vegetable, but it's must cheaper than asparagus. Answer: because you want asparagus, not broccoli. Get the point?

Reply to
PButler111

I've got a pilots license and know how to avoid getting into an accident.

Don't get in the bloody plane in the first place!

:)

Reply to
David Taylor

There was still a strong market for the 245, but msrp in 1993 was around $23K for the wagon. It had evolved over the years and had ended up with "too many individual parts" for what many considered an old technology car. Volvo was making little, if any, money on the

240. The 850 presented prospects for much higher profits, and a larger market share.

Reply to
Bill Stehlin

But it's ugly.

Reply to
PButler111

love

on

The wood in their frame is just for historical purpose ;), even the race car has it, it serves no purpose in the frame other than that (meaning, it is not structural at all, Jaguar still has wood on their dash boards ;)

I don't know if I could afford a Morgan though, BUT I'd race their GT car (odd looking as it is).

Reply to
Myron Samila

That was a stupid remark.

First off I race GT cars, not Nascar.

He died from a neck injury at speeds that you would never be capable of driving, the HANS device is now mandatory in Nascar and it will be a mandatory safety device in all motorsports JUST LIKE THE SEATBELT.

It was Dale's driving that got him into that very unfortunate situation (rear became unstable due to a drafting situation and went sideways, drove straight into a wall, and got T-boned). And I still fail to see your point by that comment. Race car drivers make for the best drivers on the street.

I think you've watched Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder once too many times.

Reply to
Myron Samila

Those planes with parachutes are cool!

Reply to
Myron Samila

thread *plonk*

240 is a great car, too bad any idiot can go out and buy one :( shames all other Volvo owners. lol ;)

ciao

Reply to
Myron Samila

No. Same car. Different sheetmetal. Welcome to the 2005 Ford S40.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

No it wasn't. It was a wonderfully clever and on-point remark.

Reply to
PButler111

Joseph, the 2005 nothing is the same car as the Volvo 240 any year.

Reply to
PButler111

Actually, not quite. My '92 240 wagon has air bags and ABS. This is actually a bit of an issue for me as the original limited slip diff broke, was improperly replaced with a non-ABS diff, so nothing that runs off that signal works..

-pk

Reply to
Patrick Keenan

I was talking about the Mazda 3 series. It's anything but "Volvo" for next year.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

There is something seriously wrong with your newsreader configuration.

Quot>athol snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

While I have known a lot of stupid women, you take the cake.

I know people who buy 240, 242, 244, 245, 260, 262C, 264 and 265 Volvos because they are good *cheap* rough but rugged vehicles for inexperienced or poor drivers. Particularly popular with parents who buy them for their teenage daughters who've just got their licences and are likely to have crashes until they learn how to drive properly.

Somehow, you remind me of those teenagers. Get back to me when you learn how to drive a newsreader and stop trolling.

Reply to
athol

What in the world are you talking about? You're yelling at me because your newsreader doesn't show posts correctly? And you're further denigrating 240s as being "cheap" and "rough"? Sweetie, take a pill. You really sound like you need one, if not several.

Reply to
PButler111