240 speedo sender (diff leak)

My differential leak has finally gotten to the point that I *need* to do something about it, so a couple of questions:

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for removing the speedo sender in a '90 240? Also, does it have a seal or o-ring somewhere in there, or am I looking at something more involved?

thanks

-erik

Reply to
Erik Schmalz

The nut on the back of the sender unscrews. Use channel locks to undo. There is an O-ring seal on the sender.

Bob

Reply to
volvowrench

Thanks! Any clue as to the size of the o-ring? None of the places around here list the specific part, but anyone can get an o-ring...

-erik

"volvowrench

Reply to
Erik Schmalz