240 taillights

Ever since I got my '89 240 wagon 5 years ago, I've wanted to do something about the tail lights. They are intact, but some of the red plastic lenses are foggy because their surface is covered with tiny scratches or stress cracks, probably from the constant exposure to sunlight and such. Recently, I bought a small can of clear gloss polyurethane at Walmart, then used a soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol to wipe the lenses clean. I applied a thin coat of the polyurethane to the affected lenses and let it dry (about

1/2 hour). Although not perfect, they are MUCH improved! Instead of a dull, foggy look that reflects the sunlight, they are clearer and smoother. My plan is to wait a few days, then put on a second coat, since it probably strengthens the plastic a little.
Reply to
Perry Noid

That was a good thing. This is not a binary newsgroup. It's best to post your photos to a Web location and provide the URL.

Reply to
Tim McNamara