240 trunk ( boot ) not water tight

My 1989 240 trunk ( boot ) is wet after all the rain here in So Cal . Any one know how I can find the source of the leak ? Dave

91 454 Suburban 93 Dodge Ram diesel 89 240 ( mini suburban)
Reply to
davpatti

A common leak site is around (behind) the tail light assemblies. If you look inside the trunk while playing a hose around each light assembly I think you will find your culprit.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Also, there are a couple of hoses that drain the channel at the base of the back window. They T into similar hoses from the sunroof if the car is so equipped. Make sure they're connected properly and not clogged with rotting leaves etc.

Reply to
Mike F