240 Wagon Third Seat/Cargo Area

I've never seen, in person, a 240 wagon with the third seat, but just photos of them. It looks like the third seat would take up the whole under-floor area (if you know what I mean) of the cargo area. Is that the case? In my current (and previous) 240 wagon (without the third seat) I tend to use that under-floor compartment quite a bit, for cables, oil, tools, rope -- the usual car stuff. Would I be giving up that space entirely if I got a wagon with the third seat?

Thanks, Patricia

Reply to
PButler111

Hi Patricia, yes, the 3rd seat stores nicely folded in that space under the floor in the cargo area, for jumper cables and tools, you can use the space opposite the spare tire, behind the right real wheel.

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold

Thanks. You know, much is made of the faboo third seat feature, but I don't really see the need. I'm sure for folks with six kids, or a couple of kids with lots of friends, it would be great. But I've never had the need of a third seat, and can't envision ever having the need. I think I'd just as soon have the extra storage space.

Thanks again.

Reply to
PButler111

In my more ignorant days, I got a 240 estate, with the rear facing child seats in the back, I raised the floor, saw the seats, saw the waste of space for stowing emergency and other type goodies, the seat was removed and thrown away the day after, sacrilege! Years after, I discovered how much in demand that seat was. But I wasn't too bothered coz the space was full of audio amps, power invertors, and other more useful and fun goodies.

TTFN, Ken

Reply to
Ken Phillips (UK)