240 warning light "bulb defect"

altough I can't detect any faulty bulb, the orange warning light is on. What can be the cause of this? anybody an idea?

Txs

Reply to
Bluefox

The faulty bulp relay senses if there is a difference in the current going to the left side lamps compared to the right side lamps. If you have installed bulps with different watts on each side that might be a problem.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

Hi,

That warnimg light detects not only a "dud" bulb but also any inbalance between pairs, so try cleaning bulb contacts and sockets. If that fails to effect a cure, replace bulbs with new matching pairs, especially tail lights.

Good Luck. Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

Installing brass base bulbs will often cause this problem. Try getting the bulbs from a Volvo dealer and make sure the sockets are free of corrosion. Clean the fusepanel too.

Reply to
Rod Gray

Hello group, i have checked all connections on corrosion or loose contacts. Nothing... "faulty lamp" warning lamp is still on. Can the electronic circuit be damaged?

"Rod Gray" schreef in bericht news:1QYgc.36582$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
Bluefox

Hi,

It still would be worth while (and cheap.............) to replace the two tail light bulbs with a new matched pair, to see if that cures it.

Andy I.

in

Reply to
brackenburn

Have you checked the ground wires going through the hinges. That was the problem on my car. It's hell to change, so I pulled some new ones on the inside of the car.

Regards Sven E

1998 V-70 2,0 LT
Reply to
Svenni & Nina

The bulb falure warning sensor it's self can be bad. They are expensive so if you know some one who will let you borrow theirs to see if that is the problem it could save you some money.

Reply to
Rod Gray

They don't fail often though so good used ones are plentiful. I've only had one break and resoldering the circuit board inside it fixed it.

Reply to
James Sweet

any idea of the location of this sensor?

"Rod Gray" schreef in bericht news:giDhc.66504$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
Bluefox

It's originally clipped to the metal under the dash, right beside the ignition switch. Often if it's taken out for any reason it's just left hanging. Look for a cylinder 4-5 cm in diameter, 8-9 cm long. It's red on our cars with a third brake light, black on the earlier ones without.

Reply to
Mike F