245 GL - What's this wire?

Hi guys,

Whilst trying to cure poor fuel mileage on my '88 245GL (and just having fun learning about the car!) I wanted to check & adjust the idle CO mixture. The different versions of the K and LH Jetronic fuel injection systems were introduced at different times in the UK and the US which caused me some confusion when reading my Haynes manual.

My car has a B200E engine, is a UK spec car and I have now concluded that it has an early K-Jetronic system with no oxygen sensor. The idle mixture can be adjusted using a 3mm hex wrench inserted into the fuel distributor, but, alas, I fear the only way to obtain a reading is by using an exhaust probe.

I did however find a test connector to the rear of the engine that I cannot explain - it's probably not relevant, but I'd love to know what it is for!

I took some pictures and put them at:

(about 300kb in total) and would be extremely grateful if anybody could fill me in!

Many thanks in advance

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

The wire you question is a starter wire for remote cranking of the engine

Reply to
Glenn Klein