245 heater controls - illumination?

The instrument pnel on my 1982 245 is illuminated. The resistor thing that adjusts brightness sort of works in that it dims or brightens the display, although the range of adjustment is 50% of the knob travel is dark, 25% very very dim, and the final 25% just dim. Is this normal?

The most annoying issue though is that there is no illumination of the heater controls. Cannot see them at all when it is dark. I am asuming that the temp control, air distribution and fan sped control should all be illuminated when lights are switched on. Can't see any separate fused circuit on the wiring diagram.

Anyone out there got any ideas.

Car is Australian delivered.

Thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris

The bulb is probably burned out, it happens. Remove the console fascia and try a new bulb, may as well replace the others while you're in there. Don't forget the two screws under the front of the radio/lower storage pocket.

Reply to
James Sweet