265 1980 Normal Running Temp

Does anyone have an idea where the temp gauge should normally sit? The car shows no signs of overheating but the radiator isn't too flash and the gauge sits at about three quarters. Doesn't seem to change much with ambient temp either.

Reply to
jg

IIRC, mine used to be about half way or so. If the cooling system works properly, it shouldn't change much. Mine did once go high, and sure enough I had to stop and let things cool off. Never did find out what caused that.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrave

I like the way it is behaving. As long as the temperature isn't rising, I suggest leaving it as is.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

It's not so much the highish gauge which bothers me, it's more that it never seems to drop much even on cool nights. Radiator looks original - that's a pretty good innings if it's the whole 25 years old.

Reply to
jg