440 1.9 td 1996

Hello, A few weeks ago I posted a query concerning my wife's 440.On starting it was very lazy to the point of at times draining the battery. We had to wait until the glow plug light had gone out on starting every time, even on hot days. It turned out to be the starter motor which is hidden at the back of the engine just below the turbo. It had appeared to have shaken it's self to bits( there were bolts and pieces of casing missing ) We had it re-furbished and repaired for £68.00 a bargain The heat shield between the motor and the drive shaft had disintegrated a new one was bought at our local dealership for £4.07 an even better bargain. However on inspection there seemed to be fixings for another heat shield between the starter and the turbo,I enquired at my local dealership and they couldn't be 100% sure if it should have a shield,but advised to try a shield of a petrol turbo so I ordered the part but it was too small to fit over or around the starter. Can anyone advise Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve ALTY