440 door speakers sorted - thanks

Ended up getting the Sony XSF1331 about £30 locally, £24 on the web but with £7 postage. Nice to support local firm who have been keeping our 2 ancient Volvos going for a decade or so. Halfrauds wanted about £44 for the same speakers.

Fine until I put all together and tried to wind down the window as the covers/grills stood too proud - ended up putting the original Volvo ones back on as they fitted into the recess on the door rather that cut new hole and spend aeons trying again for the bigger Sony covers.

Sound brilliant alongside the bigger speakers that I have got under the front seats. The comparison with one original spkr on the left door and the new one in the right door was amazing. Worth £30.

Looks - ?? well, looks like normal chap Volvo speakers!!

My sound system is now sponsored by Anadin!!

Thanks for help and info folks.

Budget about £30 - best I can do and that will prob double the value of the car anyway?

Reply to
Lou Rolls