440 Temperature Gauge

Hi

The temp gauge on my 440 appears to be failing. It should point to 3 o'clock when fully warmed but now is more like 5 o'clock. Thermostat is fine as the fan cuts in when sat in traffic. The temperature sender in the engine has been replaced. What do I look at next??

Ade

Reply to
Adrian

So it's showing to little? I really don't know what the problem could be, but check the wire going from the temperatur sender in the engine block. Disconnect og connect it several times (should be an easy pull-off connector) and check if the temperature gauge reacts the same way every time. It should point at the coldest area when it's not connected. Follow the wire as long as possible (until it goes inside the wire-harness), make sure the insulation is not cracked. This is one of the easy things you can do without dealing with the complicated wiring inside the dashboard etc.

Reply to
Stig Hornang