480 cabriolet/ open top

Hi all

I started up my old 480 today after a 9 month on-the-drive-period-of-neglect. It's been freezing or wet here for most of those months. Anyway, it started first time and ran *very* nicely. Almost no evidence of my neglect to be seen or heard except that the rear wheel arches need a little more attention than before.

What's prompted me to post this is that when I bought my 480 (just over a year ago), I kind of planned to convert it to something like the original (not manufactured) concept cabriolet.

Has anyone here done it?

The reality is that I'll probably never get around to it but I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who has.

Actually I might get round to it but not untill 2006 ;-(

regards Sammy

PS see my next post re. 480 wheel arches :-(.

Reply to
Sammy

Yes an Englishman has done it and made a very neat job of it. It was used as one of the prototypes by Volvo. He is based in Polesworth near Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK. It is finished in a mid blue colour.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply. Do you know any of his details that you could let me have? Just to look at pictures and maybe ask for tips: I think it'll be a massive job.

all the best Sammy

Reply to
Sammy

: > Cheers, Peter.> : : >

: Hi Peter : : Thanks for the reply. Do you know any of his details that you could let me : have? Just to look at pictures and maybe ask for tips: I think it'll be a : massive job. : : all the best : Sammy : :

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Thanks Peter, I've looked at the website and I'll drop him a line later.

all the best Sammy

Reply to
Sammy

Here you go: pics of different 480 convertibles:

/Niclas

Reply to
Niclas