700 Series -Heater Valve Replacement

The vacuum controlled, heater valve in my 780 broke.

A AA mini mag flashlight body makes a nice splice. I ordered a replacement, online.

I thought I would remove the heater valve from my 769 and put it into the 780 as I know I won't receive the replacement 'tilt Wednesday.

It broke taking it out.

I went to Checker Auto Parts. They could ordered it, too. I went through their inventory and 'we' found a similar valve. A bit bigger, same size inlets, larger vacuum line and diaphragm. $13.USD, I bought 2.

They work fine! Good that I had some short pieces of vac tubing.

I need to replace my old Ford. I want a 'new' 700 series, I think. Did the 960/940 come with many of the same parts as both my 700s? I think I want to stay with B230FT, did they put them into the 960 sedans.

Cheers, Bill @ Home in Wisconsin, USA Maroon 1989 760 Turbo wagon! w/140k miles ;-} Black! 1989 780 Turbo Coupe w/147k miles 8-} Blue Mule 1987 245 non-Turbo w/205k miles :-)SOLD And an old 92 Ford Tempo w/122k miles.

Reply to
AJ