'73 145 HELP!!!!

I picked up this car from the original owner in perfect condition. It only has 125k miles on it. I love it. But it's crippled right now, I can only start it if I floor the gas. I also have to keep my foot on the gas to keep it going, once I let off ... it chokes and dies. I was told it might be the fuel filter, I replaced that ... it worked for a day or two, and then continued to choke out. So my guess is the fuel pump needs to be replaced. I hope theres somebody here who has dealt with this sort of problem before. I desparately seek any help anyone can offer. Thanks.

Bob Duluth, MN

Reply to
Highland Spur

Which engine do you have in your 145? Should be either a B20B or a B20F, if they followed my '72 options.,,

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Suggest you change the grease in the distributor. Some original greases took on water and let it out in cold weather. It is cheap way to be sure. Sorry it is not your problem but I needed to get the info out.

Gunner

In article , snipped-for-privacy@lakeheadoil.com by Highland Spur dropped his wrench, scratched his head and mumbled,

The vacuum transducer on the right front fender is the manifold pressure sensor. When the slug inside gets stuck the signal is no longer valid and the "computer" runs the engine full rich. Disconnecting the hose from the manifold will allow the engine to run, albeit with high idle and no load control, to prove hat the sensor has failed.

Bob

Reply to
volvowrench