740, 760 snow tires

Wondering what type of snow tires you're all using. I've been checking Candian tire and various other shops. Any suggestions on what to use? Can't afford to buy the Gislaved ones unfortunately..

Reply to
Joe

Got a second-hand set of 4 Bridgestone Blizzaks from ebay for my '87 745t and they worked great in last year's NW PA winter with lots of snow. First time I used 4 snows on the car and it made a huge difference in performance. Changed a terrible winter car to a drivable one.

Reply to
TEF

Those one's on sale at CT right now aren't bad. I did a search a few days ago for reviews on the brand, and while you won't get the performance of a

200$ winter tire from them, they are made by either Pirelli or Michelin, so you are getting a decent tire. It will be hard to beat at that price.

RS

performance.

Reply to
Rusty

If you're in the Toronto area I can recommend a place called Extreme Wheel and Tire in Richmond Hill. I was referred there by my brother in law.

I got a set of Continental snow tires there on Friday and the service was great and fast. I also saw the tires on sale at Canadian Tire but, having been disappointed by Pirellis, didn't want to take a chance on getting them as remarked MotoMasters. Besides, the Continentals ended up being cheaper when you factored in installation and ballancing, the latter not included in the Cantire price.

Their number is 905-770-2302 and ask for Paul...he's a Volvo owner too.

I love my new tires, I just wish it would snow now! blurp

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:27:49 -0500, the illustrious "Rusty" favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp

If you're in the Toronto area I can recommend a place called Extreme Wheel and Tire in Richmond Hill. I was referred there by my brother in law.

I got a set of Continental snow tires there on Friday and the service was great and fast. I also saw the tires on sale at Canadian Tire but, having been disappointed by Pirellis, didn't want to take a chance on getting them as remarked MotoMasters. Besides, the Continentals ended up being cheaper when you factored in installation and ballancing, the latter not included in the Cantire price.

Their number is 905-770-2302 and ask for Paul...he's a Volvo owner too.

I love my new tires, I just wish it would snow now! blurp

OOPS Forgot to mention I drive a 240.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:27:49 -0500, the illustrious "Rusty" favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp

We've had no trouble with the GoodYear Ultragrip, but ours are three years old now, and Goodyear has been 'outsourcing' their production to some questionable plaaced like Turkey, and the quality has suffered. (We are replacing four barely worn Goodyear tires because of pieces gouged out of the sealing surface, which appears to be too soft and fragile.) I think I'd go with...er, those Finnish tires, whose name escapes me, if the Ultragrip isn't still made in the US. They are still made in Finland, and cost about $100 each, USD.

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 05:59:16 GMT, the illustrious Michael Cerkowski favored us with the following prose:

Nokian? Green Diamond?

Reply to
blurp

I've been using Dunlop SP Winter Sport M2 tires that I buy from Tire Rack. These are hi-performance snow tires that I've used in one form or another (since they tend to revise their style names from time-to-time) for a number of years on both our Volvos: 91 940T and 00 S70T . Volvos work best in snow if you put snowtires on all wheels. These hold up well, handle extremely well in snow, on wet pavement, and dry pavement. They're not even very noisy.

Reply to
mdrawson

Nokian. My brain is like a sponge, I'm afraid. It soaks up info and then it all dribbles out again...

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski