740 Auto Trans

It's hard to believe, Took my old faithful to the service; new boy, new overalls. Two weeks after full service I find auto box sticking, loos of acceleration and labouring in gears. I check the lube to find "zilch" I said empty not a scrap (not a drop on the stick) of fluid. Now us old timers know there should be near on 7 litres in the box. The young redneck had simply, quietly emptied the wrong threaded drain along with the old engine oil, and said nothing to the boss. What incredible and forgiving cars Volvo are. After driving up and down the freeway hundreds of miles over the two weeks,( it would have seized up an ordinary tug) I survived. I got the garage to sort it out, send the redneck off on a long hike and the rest is worth sharing with the Volvo fraternity.

Reply to
Terry Collins