740 Driveshaft swap

I have a '87 740 wagon with driveline vibrations. I also have a '83 760 sedan parts rig that did not have any vibrations when parted out. Would the 760 driveline interchange? I have a broken foot so I had hoped to avoid the trip out to find the driveshaft in the barn if it won't fit. Thanks Chris

Reply to
electricsheep

If both cars have the same engine/gearbox then in all probability the propshafts will be identical. Driveline vibrations can be accounted for by poor engine/gearbox mountings, poor centre bearing mounting and bush, propshaft not marked up before being taken down for replacement of rear axle components. If the latter is causing the problem it is a simple matter to try the other three ways of connecting the propshaft rear flange to eliminate vibration due to imbalance.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Assuming the 760 has a live axel (I think they did until '88 or so) and the transmissions are the same then yes, the driveshafts will be interchangeable.

Reply to
James Sweet

How do you define driveline vibration

Reply to