740 fuel pump relay

hi all can anyone tell me where the fuel pump relay is on a 1988 740 estate with B200E engine mine appears to be shot and i dont know where it is. thanks

Reply to
holbay

It should be behind the aschtray (maybe spelled wrong) behind the fuses if you pull out the fuseholder there is some relays plased behind them and the relay you are looking for is in place E

Reply to
Jan-Erik

Reply to
holbay

Does the tach droplike a rock when the engine dies or does it follow the RPM?

Reply to
James Sweet

hi james rev counter follows engine just like running out of fuel. when it stops the pump which runs till pressure is reached is not making usual sound, it growls so suspect it knackered. thanks.

Reply to
holbay

Fuel pump relay can also fail by through contact erosion since it is switching large current. I bonded some fine grit abrasive paper back to back and cut a sliver that can slip between the contacts for cleaning. the middle of two relays on the circuit board seems to suffer most of the wear.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to