740 GL 89 cuts off.

My car cuts off after about 30 miles or so. It wasn't doing this regular at first.. Now its everyday. It does start up again but not always right away, sometimes I sit for 20 30 mins. other times it starts immediately. Does a ripped vacuum hose have anything to do with this? Is it the fuel pump? or can my fuel injectors be bad? or is the fuel line dirty? where should I start.. thanks for the help

Reply to
tufdoc

Replies under the original thread, " volvo just cuts off as I'm driving.. can you help me please"

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I don't know much about these cars but I've had one for a few years now and had a problem, once, that sounds like what you discribe. It turned out to be a bad fuel relay. This little bugger is behind the ashtray by all the fuses. It's white or was on my 90' 740 GL and they say you can re-soider them but I just got a new one and installed it where the old one was and it fix the problem. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burrus
£2 from a scrappy, why bother with soldering.

Reply to
Andy Mann