740 Nivomat conversion

Hi guys,

Thinking of adding Nivomat shocks to my solid axle 740. Has anyone done this conversion? I've read the brickboard FAQ website and they've got info converting from Nivo to standard, but I'm trying to do the reverse. Does the Nivo have different mounting points compared to standard shocks? Is it a straight bolt-on or will I need to modify the mounts? I know I'll need softer coil springs to go with it too.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Will '90 744 GLT (B230F)

Reply to
William Liao

No, it's just a straight bolt on. You can try it with your original springs, and see if the ride is OK for you. Most people who do this usually carry lots of weight in the rear, so it doesn't hurt to have firmer springs.

Reply to
Mike F