740 Wagon Radio Removal

I am trying to add a stero jack to the radio in my 740 Wagon - it would be for ear phones while driving with the windows down. How does one go about getting to the speaker wires (behind) the radio. Would it be wiser to go into the drivers door and hook into the speaker there? Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul

I'm no electronics major but I think the output (impedance?) for the speakers would be way too high for headphones. btw..., don't know about in TX but in CA driving with headphones is illegal. Of course, if you were just a passenger it would be ok.

Reply to
Clay

Headphones while driving is a REALLY bad idea, it's probably as bad or worse as having the music blarring obsenely (to the point you can't hear sirens etc).

Even the walkman and headphone manufacturers will recommend never to use them while operating a vehicle...

And how are you going to wire in a jack, the amplified signal for the main car speakers would smoke the voice coil in a headphone... and if you can tap an unamplified signal, it might be too quiet - and possibly not affected by the volume knob.

Reply to
Rob Guenther