740T coolant path

Was changing my heater valve and hoses and not sure if they were hooked up right. Parts supplier says lower hose is the U shaped one and is the output. Brick boards say the heater valve connects there from the head under the intake which would make it the input. I can't find a coolant path on the net for the b230ft. Anyone know how the heater hoses hook up? I bought the car used and have found some things not properly serviced on the car. TIA

Dave

Reply to
tom.dave

From the heater tap coolant flows to the bottom connector on the matrix then out of the top of the matrix to the other line. IIRC the heater pipe from thermostat housing goes to the tap and re-enters at the head.

All the best, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Thanks Peter. I'm still a little confused though. I have no heater pipe from the thermostat housing. Seems that the bottom connector is where the coolant goes in but where does the coolant come from, the pipe behind the engine that runs along the right side to the water pump area, or from the left side of the head under the intake. Thanks again

Dave

Reply to
tom.dave

Water pump area, Dave, should go to tap.

All the best, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes