760 Headlamp Replacement

Has anyone successfully installed one? If so, I would like to know the procedure. I have installed the two threaded balljoints...can get both of them seated in the headlamp but can not get the balljointed stud to seat. Any ideas?

Reply to
acmeexplosives

What year? Is it a North American car with the crummy plastic headlamps or European with the nice glass ones?

Reply to
James Sweet

It's a 1989. Probably US but the glass lens is certainly made of glass, not plastic. The rest of the thing is plastic though.

Reply to
acmeexplosives

The 4 sided clips should be on the balls on the end of the adjusters. The lens/reflector should have a black frame on it with 3 square holes, which snap easily onto the aforementioned 4 sided clips.

Reply to
Mike F