760 turbo wagon

Thanks in advance for the assist. I have a 760 turbo wagon that my teenage son drives. All of a sudden, extremely poor performance. Limped to the local mechanic, was told that the air mass meter was bad ($650) . I did some research and found a good used one. It behaves exactly the same as with the original. That is, no start unless the amm connector is unhooked. I don't know what direction to go in. Did my mechanic maybe disconnect something else also? I'm getting confused. I hope someone can help me. Thanks,Dave

Reply to
dave

Did you get the right AMM? There's several different ones, they look pretty much identical but have different numbers.

What year is the car? Pre-'89 will need a new engine wiring harness by now, it will never be dependable on the original harness.

Reply to
James Sweet