760 water temp sender

i'v got 2 sensors on my water pump, one sticking strate out the front, the other comeing out the left side (if you are faceing the car)

85 760 v6

Reply to
Gary W

Hi all, Silly question of the day! On a 760GLE V6, B280E engine, where would I find the sensor for the Engine temperature guage? The obvious one in the thermostat housing is for something else? and for the life of me I cannot find another! [Mr Haynes's manual shows the Turbo but nor the V6]. The gauge only reads at certain temperatures so I presume it's the sender but it would be nice to test it to prove things. Of course you now notice the slight leak from that thick short hose at the back of the pump assembly, bet that will be fun to tighten/replace. All comments, rude or otherwise welcommed!! Regards, Bob Green, UK.

Reply to
R G Green

Hi, just sold my 760 after having the temp sender replaced, it is located at the very back of the engine / gearbox just under the bulkhead. Regards,

Brian.

Reply to
brian

Well no wonder I didn't find it! [still thinking Ford]. I have only one other sensor, it's on the right hand side of the thermostat housing [what does it do?], left hand option is blanked off [looking into bonnet] mine might be different on the newer engine. What was the problem with your sensor? mine only seems to work the gauge at certain temperatures. Could I ask what they cost please? Thanks for the replies folks, i'll go and look in the daylight tomorrow. Regards, Bob Green.

Reply to
R G Green

Well I seem to have found it at the rear of the passenger side head, question now is how do I get leads on to check it etc, looks almost as well positioned as the oil filter! Then you notice the oil weep from the cover plates at the back of the cam boxes! Wish I hadn't started this!!! Many thanks all. Regards, Bob Green.

Reply to
R G Green