81 DL240 A/C Compressor clutches

Hi, I've got a 81 DL240 which I replaced the AC compressor on since it had locked up. When I replaced it, I put in the old clutches and like a flash of lighting hitting an idiot, the old clutches were why the old one had locked up. duh. I found a complete compressor on ebay for a reasonable price so I ordered it, and I don't think that it was for an 81. The 81 compressor is sort of square box shape, everything else looks like any other compressor I've ever seen, round... Anyway, I was curious if the clutches are interchangeable. I don't see a way to mount the newer compressor, but if the clutches are interchangeable I'll go that route.

Any reccommendation are greatly apprecited.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Donahoe

The clutches are not interchangeable between compressor types.

Reply to
Mike F