850 CD changer...

Where can I purchase a plastic "box" for the CDs that the trunk-located CD changer needs?

Why don't newer cars use this multiple-CDchanger system? Cost? reliability? Or???

Thanks in advance. Ken

Reply to
Ken Pisichko

I bought one for an Alpine -- it's identical except for the name. However, that was 11 years ago, and I don't know whether they're still available.

Rick

Reply to
Espressopithecus (Java Man)

Ipod and Mp3 players have made CDs kinda "old school".

Multi disc changers are now found up front, but not cartridge style. Most of those systems were aftermarket and expensive to implement at the OE level.

Reply to
M.R.S.

Yes, they're smaller and can be more convenient, but they don't sound as good.

Rick

Reply to
Espressopithecus (Java Man)

Technically that is true... the only way around that is to use very low compression.. and a non FM modulator to get the audio to your car.. direct wire is best, but the pre-amp out of an Ipod is kinda dirty.

Reply to
M.R.S.

Yep, and it's too bad -- I love the convenience of my iRiver MP3 player, but when it's amplified -- even with direct wire -- it takes a large, low compression file to sound decent. But it's great for skiing, cycling, etc.

Rick

Reply to
Espressopithecus (Java Man)

You can get an Alpine cd-changer (Volvo cd changers are made by Alpine) that plays mp3 files.The CHA-S634 has connections for AI-net AND M-bus. KMJ Hello M.R.S.,

Reply to
Administrator