850 fuel door release????

went to fill my fuel tank earlier this week..unlocked the doors so that the fuel door cover would release and got out of car to open and fuel.....door would not open....went back and locked and unlocked and tried again. nothing changed...door remained locked....played around with the door for a few seconds and locked and unlocked a couple of times and tried the door again. it released. so, what's going on here? what's the normal problem? the fix? i know many of you have faced this before...it's a '96 850 glt...usa version.

regards

Reply to
euro930

You didn't mention whether you had a sedan or wagon. In my 97 850 wagon, there is a plastic panel on the inside of the rear right hand side tail light that can be removed. Inside there, there'll be a wire that can be pulled to manually unlock the fuel door.

I'm finding, however, that it keeps locking itself and I have to do this procedure on a regular basis now. Does anyone know how to stop this from continuously happening?

Regards,

Han.

Reply to
han_chung

This happened about three years ago in my '95. I pulled the wire and it opened. Unlike yours, however, it has never locked itself up again.

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry

the vehicle is a sedan; i had heard there was a "release" accessible from inside trunk...what i am trying to determine is what might be the mechanical cause/fix.....i know it must be a small electro mechanical switch that goes back..just trying to determine what generally is cause and fix.

regards

Reply to
euro930

Reply to