850 GLT ac blower woes

ok, ac blower has been "possesed" for about 3 months: will cut out and not blow occasionally (once a week) If I turned engine off and restarted would usually run fine. (?) Last week however my wife was driving a noticed a "whitish-yello puff of smoke out of the passenger-side dash a burned smell and no blower. Could it be a fuse, frayed wiring?

Reply to
emmit

Now I notice that if I turn the headkights on and the set the dash light dimmer switch to it's brightest setting, the blower comes on. If I slide the dimmer down, yes, the blower slows down and finally, if the dimmer is all the way to off, the blower stops. I am wondering if this condition is safe for the time-being or if I need to take it to the shop. Also, does anyone know if this is something I could fix m'self. Any suggestions/info is greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Reply to
JDV

It sounds like a ground problem. It sounds very serious. It could kill you headlights at highway speeds when it is pitch black outside. I would have it fixed very soon. It probably would be easy to fix if you knew what to look for. The other symptoms you mentioned could be the blower resistor pack.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning