850 - headlight wiper motors

Hi! I have Volvo 850 from 1997, and its right headlight wiper motor is faulty. My friend was visiting a couple of hundred kms distant scrapyard and brought me both left and right headlight wiper motors for a really small price. I was told in advance that one is faulty, but they didn't know which one. And I was unlucky - now I have two broken right headlight wiper motors :-)

Does anybody knows if it's possible to use healthy parts from the left motor, and make the right motor work?

Here are the part numbers and pictures of both motors - right

0390206926, and left 0390206927:

Thnx very much!!!

Reply to
HAL9000F

I've only ever taken a right motor apart (why always right), but as I remember, all of what I'd consider "failing" parts would not have been different left and right. What's wrong with your motor(s)? Mine worked very slowly for about 1/4 sweep, then stopped until power was removed for a moment, then it would work slowly for another 1/4 sweep. The problem was with a small plate that was designed to raise resistance when the motor was on for a long time to prevent the motor from overheating. (Like would happen if the blade was frozen to the headlight.)

Reply to
Mike F

Because it's harder to replace :-)

That's what I think and hope for :-)

The one in the car is only making constant buzzing sound and won't move...

Do you have any idea what that might be?

And the other I just bought looks fallen apart... The shaft is loose. I did't have time to connect and test it yet.

Ufff, I know how bad it sounds when I forgot that the rear wiper was frozen to the tailgate glass...

Thnx, I'll try to fix it when I find some time by donoring healthy parts to the broken one, and will post results here...

Bye,

Reply to
HAL9000F