850 not starting when engine is hot

My M reg 850 won?t start when engine is hot. Run into a shop to grab something and when i come back either nothing, or it?ll start and then stop straight away. Leave it awhile and it will start. I think it?s a sensor playing up but don?t know for sure! Any ideas????

Reply to
oddies2007

Those symptoms point to the fuel pump relay, which is fairly common on ageing Volvo's, including the 850. Either replace it, or open it up and re solder the joints.

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..