850/S70/C70 Cabin Air Filter Question.

Will the Cabin Air Filter for a 850 work in a 2001 C70?

I'm trying to find the filter for my vehicle, online, but all I get is stuff for the 850. Please help.

TIA.

Reply to
Spiro M. Telegadis

I bought one thinking my '96 850 required one (I am the second owner of the car.); turns out my model didn't have the 'pollen filter'

I have a brand new one and can't use it. I'd sell it cheap if interested, I can furnish the dimensions and you can decide if it's right or not.

Whether or not your interested is no big deal (it's a $20 part), but I would bet money they are the exact same. FWTW

Reply to
Steve J.

Steve,

I have a 1996 850 also and it didn't have a cabin air filter, but for a "small" amount extra (about the cost of the filter I think it was) you can purchase from Volvo the adapter which clips into place to hold the filter. That is if you want one. I replaced mine after 18months use and it had a lot of black sooty stuff on it. I guess that's what you get to breath living in the city (Sydney - Australia).

Reply to
Barry Leslie

Hey thats cool Barry, I'll look into it!

Reply to
Steve J.

Thank you all for you responses. I found out that they are infact the same filter between vehicles. However the part numbers are different. I found it available from Volvo parts Direct for $18USD a piece.

Different Question

Has anyone here had any problems with thier battery. My car is still under warrenty but I've had two batteries rupture and leak acid throughout my engin area. I think it has something to do with the heat and the areas I've been living (Los Angeles and Ft Lauderdale) Anyone had the same experience?

Reply to
Spiro M. Telegadis