850 stalling - ongoing problem 3 months

'94 850 sedan non-turbo, 205K miles:

Had intermittent stalling, random, sometimes at startup, sometimes after engine hot. Seemed worse on hot days, or in heavy hot highway stop+go traffic. Worse also when a/c has been running, seemingly. Up to now would restart after sitting off for 5 min.

My trusty mechanic has, in the following order: replaced fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel switch relay, two fuel injectors that appeared clogged. We are both scratching our heads. I tried to loosen my gas cap per suggestion on this board, but today (mid-90s), on my way to work it just stalled, and even after sitting for an hour, would only turn over and over, almost, but never starting...

Any suggestions?

Reply to
DonH

I would look at the ignition, do you have spark? If not, the camshaft position sensor has been known to fail after some time, perhaps that could be the problem.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

REcheck the fuel pump relay, AND the ECU main relay for dry joints- both are common.

Next time it will not re start, first use freeeze spray on the crank angle sensor, then try to start, if no, use freeze spray on the ignition amplifier.

Check the earth on the igntion amp.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)