850 tailgate gas struts

What's the method for changing the tailgate gas struts?

I've looked but can't see the obvious way of doing this and with the cold weather am starting to get bored of the tailgate coming down on my head.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Easy.. Remove the trim above the rear side windows. Prop the hatch up with something, and then unclip the old ones and install the new.

I used some aftermarket ones, which only have one problem: I think the originals had some built-in damping to slow the opening rate, The new ones let the hatch rise very quickly, so you have to keep it under control and not just lift and let go.

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

Robert Lutwak