850 Transmission Service????

I have an 850 GLT that is experience hash shifts in the transmission, this happens when I'm on the high way doing about 70-80mph. In order to regain some smoothness I have to get my foot off the gas pedal or accelerate. Is this a sign of a failing tranny or I just need to change the ATF? Oops this is happening after I added a 24Oz of Lucas transmission fix to control some leakage at the tranny...

Thanks for the expert advice

Mad4vovo

Reply to
Mad4vovo

Check your tranny level according to the instructions in the manual. It can be very bad to overfill a tranny. 2 pints is quite a bit if it was full.

If you don't know when the tranny fluid was last changed, I would do that. Maybe a flush while you're at it. I assume the car has more than 100k miles.

Mad4vovo wrote: Oops this is happening after I added a 24Oz of Lucas

Reply to
Jason

If the 850 has more than 50,000 miles, than this indicates that it's ready for the junkyard.

-----

-RL

Reply to
Robert Lutwak

My 94 turbo wagon ran fine for 230,000 miles, Only major issues were rear crank oil seal, CV joing boots, and one front wheel bearing. I fixed all myself except the crankshaft seal.

I sold it 2 weeks ago (with more oil leaks) for $1200 and bought an Audi A3 3.2 (seats are terrible relative to the Volvo's)

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

Since this just started after you "did something" I'd try to undo it. Start with a full flush using the proper (Dexron) fluid.

Reply to
Mike F

Yes, my 850 GLT has 181k on it and it performs quite well apart from this development. I also got the service documents of the car after careful review realize that hash transmission shift has happened to this car twice and it was resolved by flushing the tranny fluid. I will try out flushing the tranny and see what happens.

Thanks for the help

Mad4vovo

Jas> Check your tranny level according to the instructions in the manual.

Reply to
Mad4vovo

I'm not about to trash this 850 some are known to have gone for 250k my has only 181k, I have been advised to do a tranny flush, hopefully this will be able to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Mad4vovo

Robert Lutwak wrote:

Reply to