850 vent fan

My 1995 850 vent fan sometimes stops working after starting the car and driving a few blocks. Seems to happen on warm days after car has been sitting a few hours. If I shut off and restart the car immediately, fan then works fine. Anyone know the solution?

Reply to
Roland

It could be the ignition switch. Especially if you have a heavy bunch of keys. You may need a new ignition switch. The fan is on the same circuit as the radio so if the switch is bad the radio will not work the same time the fan stops running.

If that isn't it, it could be a ground problem. You will need to see where the fan is grounded.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

If the fan draws too much current for the voltage applied, the climate control unit thinks there's something wrong with it and shuts it off so it doesn't burn out the control circuit. This is usually accompanied by flashing lights on the control panel. At every restart the climate control unit tries again.

Reply to
Mike F