850 won't idle, quits and will run with gas pedal to the floor

Hi all,

Here's the story:

1) Engine starts, runs for a short time, then quits. 2) After restarting, engine will not idle, but as the engine dies, if you mash the pedal to the floor, it will keep running. And, after you go to the floor, you can moderate it, so you can maintain about 3-4000 rpm.

3) If you let up on the pedal it'll quit.

4) Initial codes showed P1401 and P0115, fault in ECM, with a DTC of 1-1-2. 5) Replaced both computers. No improvement, BUT the error codes disappeared. 6) Tried another ignition module and coil. No results. 7) Fuel pressure and flow are just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks....

Reply to
Dan Behr

Is it appearing to be running rich or lean, when it runs? Which engine too? Need to know if it uses MAP or AMM for load monitoring...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

The engine is a non-turbo 5 cylinder (5254 I think) 20 valve.

How can I determine this? Is there some kind of designation in or around the engine?

" Tim (Remove NOSPAM." wrote:

Reply to
Dan Behr

No, its determined by the engine code. You have an AMM type system.

Also check that the main induction hose isnt split or the clamps are loose.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Reply to