855 Wagon Rear Washer Problem

My 1997 855 wagon's rear washer no longer works. I can hear the pump when I hit the button on the stalk, but nothing comes out. It does uses the same resevoir as the front washer doesn't it? The manual didn't state otherwise. Can anyone give me any cles as what is wrong and how to fix it. Thanks.

Reply to
broye54

In the rear of the car there is a filter this may be clogged or the check valve in the tailgate may be clogged

Reply to
G Klein

I assume that there *is* plenty of liquid in the washer bottle? For saftely reasons, the takeoff for the rear washer is *above* that for the front screen - so that when the level gets low, the rear one stops first.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

How do I get to this filter? the housing on the nozzle looks and feels pretty secure. Is it inside of the nozzle? Do Ihave to back trace to some point? Thanks

Reply to
broye54

The filter is usually on the right side either behind the trim panel on the D post or just under the cargo area trim panel

Reply to
G Klein