'87 240 DL AC Question (Drainage)

Hello all!

I have an '87 240 DL . I just started driving this car again after it sat for a few years. It was well maintained before the long rest it was given but had one problem... the air conditioner would drain into the driver side area from the console area if I recall correctly. The car seems to run great and I have driven it from 99,000 to 104,500 Miles since going back on the road. I just can't find out where the AC drain is clogged or where I should start looking.

Any help will be greatly appreciated ( It's going to be hot !)

ecavedude

Reply to
eCaVeMaN

There's a drain hose from the evaporator housing into the top of the tunnel. It gets clogged up with leaves or whatever else that makes it through the grill at the base of the windshield. This hose is accessible from the passenger side if you take off the kick panels. Pull the hose off, and clean it out. Make sure that the tube coming down from the evaporator is clean as well. Water may be sitting in there, so you may want to have some rags handy to soak this up. There's a great write-up + pictures at:

Mike F