-87 240 GL Taking water inside cabin

Hi! Does anyone know where water can enter my -87 Volvo 240 GL Injections front footwells? It took water in to the right (passenger) side footwell, and it was fixed at my local repair shop (costly), they blamed a missing rubber plug. Now it has started taking water in to the left side footwell also. After a heavy rain shower the front carpet is completely wet. The water seems to come in somewhere behind the dashboard. I sprayed water to the left side air intake grille at the bottom of the windscreen (outside the car..), and it seemed to be that water which was entering the cabin. Please help me until the darn machine rots completely away!

Reply to
GG

Ihave had almost the same problem with my 245. It was the drain canals from the vent intakes that was plugged with years of fallen leaves etc. If You have side turn signals on the front wings, You should remove these and blow with compressed air into the openings in the inner body panel. You might also need to have a stiff wire (or the like) to loosen all the dirt while blowing... If You don't have turn signals, You probably need to remove the front wings completely :o/

Good luck, and let us know if it works for You

Rgds, Lars Vestman - Denmark

- my Volvo ;o)

Reply to
Vestman