'87 760T lock/ABS fuse blowing

My brother has a 760 Turbo which started blowing the fuse for the power locks and ABS system. At first he couldn't tell when it was blowing, it would just randomly do it, sometimes after driving for days, sometimes within hours. One day he heard it blow after unlocking (or locking?) the doors, then today he put one in and it blew instantly. I'm suspecting a chafed wire in the door lock system but does anyone have other ideas?

Reply to
James Sweet

On an '87 I'm still thinking about crumbling wiring. That sort of shifts suspicion to places where the wiring goes under the hood or anywhere outside the cabin.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

That's a thought, I certainly had to redo the engine harness on mine, I haven't had any trouble with the lock or ABS wiring though, I don't think much of it even goes under the hood since the ABS system is in the trunk of the early cars.

Reply to
James Sweet